Saturday, March 8, 2014

Reaction Paper for Imelda (2013-72071)

Name: Fabia, Bianca Anne M.
Student No.: 2013-72071
Section: THY
Reaction Paper for Imelda

            The documentary about the former first lady Imelda Marcos was something that shows more sides into the story of her life especially her life with the former president Marcos.
            While watching the documentary, I was kind of amused with how vain I thought that Imelda was. She looks at herself very highly. I also noticed that she liked talking about herself, seeing herself on the television and hearing others talking about her.
            Another thing that I found amusing was her strong belief that what they did during her husband’s term as president and eventually the dictator here in the Philippines was good and was for the best. She really believes that the people loved them even during and after martial law.
            Through this documentary, I was able to see a different side of their family and I was able to see them for a while in a different light. In it, I saw this couple who most likely loved each other. Most importantly I saw that maybe Imelda was innocent of some of the things that her husband probably did or she was just a really delusional lady.
            I was also able to see them as more human. I think that I feel this because most of the time, Imelda was the one talking and because of how she views their family, I was able to see that they’re just like everybody else it’s just that they were thrust into a different circumstance.

            All in all, I was able to have an insight as to how the politics in our country works. The strategies that some of them use to get power and to stay in power.

No comments:

Post a Comment